Extra-long blooming perennial with lots to offer!
Nearly perfect in every way, this hardy plant is pest resistant, heat tolerant and attracts butterflies and other pollinators by the droves. Plus, deer, slugs and rabbits are not a problem for Raven. Beginning in May, expect a proliferation of 1" blooms in an intense shade of purple, white eyes winking merrily out of the masses of flowers. Blooms will continue to appear until the early part of fall. Suitable for Southern gardens.
- Botanical Name: Geranium phaeum 'Raven'
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Time: Late spring to early fall
- Light Requirements: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower Color: Deep maroon
- Flower Form: 1" cup shaped open blooms
- Foliage Type: Grey-green lobed leaves
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 18 - 24 inches
- Spread: 15 - 18 inches
- Planting Instructions: Top of plant should be just below soil level and 15-18" apart.
- Soil Requirements: Well drained
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Remove spent flower stems