🪴We are committed to providing our customers with quality, affordable seeds. 🌱
🍋The Passion fruit is a pepo, a type of berry, round to oval, either yellow or dark purple at maturity, with a soft to firm, juicy interior filled with numerous seeds. This small pinkish-purple variety is sweet with a touch of sour.
Passion fruit is usually a small, oval-shaped fruit, about 5 to 7 centimeters in diameter. The appearance is purple or golden, and the skin is covered with many dark spots. Their appearance has a rough texture that looks like an alien planet, so they are also called "alien fruits." When cut open, the interior contains numerous black or bright orange seeds surrounded by a layer of clear pectin.
Passion fruit has a unique taste, with both crunchy grainy texture and soft pectin. Pectin has a sticky texture and is full of strong fruity aroma, sometimes with a slightly sour taste. Pectin encloses small, hard seeds that are edible but are generally considered a by-product and are not chewed or swallowed.
Passion fruit is a tropical fruit that grows mainly in tropical and subtropical regions, such as South America, Central America, Africa and many countries in Asia. They typically grow in warm climates and require adequate sunlight and warm temperatures to thrive. Passion fruit vines usually climb on supports such as trees or fences.
How to Grow:
1. Choose Seeds: You can choose to start your passion fruit from seeds, and if you choose to use seeds, soak them in water overnight to encourage germination.
2. Choose the right location: Passion fruit needs plenty of sunlight, so choose a location that receives direct sunlight, preferably full sun. Passion fruit plants tend to climb, so provide suitable support such as a fence, trellis or tree to help the plant climb.
3. Prepare the soil: Passion fruit prefers fertile, well-drained soil. You can add organic matter to your soil to improve its fertility and moisture retention.
4. Plant spacing: If you plan to plant multiple passion fruit plants, make sure there is enough space between them, usually at least 6 feet (about 1.8 meters) between each plant.
5. Planting: Dig a hole with a depth of about 2 times the root size of the seedling, and then carefully plant the passion fruit seedling into it. Make sure the roots of the plant are fully protected.
6. Water: Form a watering circle around the roots of the plant and keep the soil moist. Passion fruit requires adequate moisture, especially during the growing season.
7. Fertilizer: You can regularly apply a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer to aid the growth and development of your plants.
8. Pruning: Prune and trim the plants regularly to promote better ventilation and light, as well as better fruit production.
9. Protection: Passion fruit plants can be affected by pests and diseases, so check the plants regularly and take necessary control measures, such as spraying with organic pesticides.
10. Harvest: Passion fruits usually drop when ripe, so regularly check the fallen fruit on the ground to make sure they are ripe but not rotten. Ripe passion fruit will have a dark skin and the seeds within the pectin will turn black or bright orange. Fruit can be picked by hand.
How to Eat:
It's ripe/ready to eat when the shell becomes wrinkly all over!Passion fruit can be eaten in a variety of ways. Here are some common methods:
1.Eat raw: Passion fruit can be eaten raw by cutting it in half, scooping out the pectin and seeds with a spoon.
2.Juice: Passion fruit juice is often used in beverage preparations such as juices, cocktails, and desserts.
3.Jam: Passion fruit jam is used as an ingredient in baking, bread and pastries.
4.Fruit Salad: Add passion fruit to fruit salad to add a unique flavor to the salad.
5.Desserts: Passion fruit can be used to make a variety of desserts, such as ice cream, milkshakes, jellies, and pies.
Passion fruit is not only delicious, but it is also rich in vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants, which provide many health benefits. Its unique appearance and flavor make it a valuable ingredient in cooking and gastronomy, loved by many.
If you don't have a positive experience for ANY reason, we will do WHATEVER it takes to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase.
Buying items online can be a daunting task, so we want you to realize that there is absolutely ZERO risks in buying something and trying it out. If you don't like it, no hard feelings we'll make it right.
We have 24/7/365 Ticket and Email Support. Please contact us if you need assistance.