Gorgeous foliage and a long flowering season.
This terrific shade plant forms a robust, compact habit of beautiful bluegreen leaves that resemble a fern's fronds. From late spring to early fall, clusters of dangling, deep cerise-pink flowers grow above this striking foliage. Butterflies and honeybees find these heart-shaped, 1" blooms simply irresistible. One of the very best perennials for adding colour to shaded areas, and a great companion for your hostas and ferns. Excellent for edging and container use.
- Botanical Name: Dicentra formosana 'Luxuriant'
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Flowering Time: Late spring to early-mid fall
- Light Requirements: Partial Shade, Full Shade
- Flower Color: Deep pink
- Flower Form: Clusters of 1" heart shaped flowers
- Foliage Type: Fern-like foliage
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 12 - 15 inches
- Spread: 18 inches
- Planting Instructions: Top of plant should be just below the soil level and 18" apart.
- Soil Requirements: Well drained
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Remove faded flowers regularly will promote lots of new buds to form.