All-around garden go-to!
A dream to grow and a born naturalizer, this perennial plant delivers everything you could want in a landscape plant. Large, bushy plants are impressive in height and habit, but not invasive. Reaching up to 8' tall at maturity, it produces masses of eye-catching ivory-white plumes that are fragrant and highly attractive to butterflies and hummingbirds. Tolerates moist soil and thrives in nearly any site.
- Botanical Name: Persicaria polymorpha
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Time: Mid to late summer.
- Light Requirements: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower Color: Fleecy creamy white
- Flower Form: Plume-like flowers, profuse blooms
- Foliage Type: Lance-shaped dark green foliage
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 6 - 8 feet
- Spread: 4 - 5 feet
- Planting Instructions: Top of plant should be just below soil level and 48-60" (4-5') apart
- Soil Requirements: Well drained
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Not needed