- NAME: Watermelon Radish
- OTHER COMMON NAMES: Beauty Heart / Shinrimei / Misato / Asian Red Meat Watermelon
- SCIENTIFIC NAME: Raphanus Sativus
- COLOR: White & Green Skin / Watermelon Pink-Red Flesh Inside
- PLANT SEEDS: Spring or Fall
- HARVEST: 55 Days
- HARDINESS ZONE: Annual
- PLANT HEIGHT: 4 - 6"
- PLANT SPACING: 2 - 3"
- LIGHT REQUIREMENTS: Sun
- SOIL & WATER PREFERENCES: Average
- Watermelon Radishes are a 4" round Chinese heirloom variety that is both meaty & crisp. They are too cute! They look like tiny little watermelons with white & green skin, & pinky-red flesh the color of a watermelon. They look lovely sliced so they can show off all their colors, & can add a lot of fun to salads & other dishes. A lot of people have never seen this beauty before, so it is an great type to grow for market.
- Watermelon Radishes are pretty spicy when they are small, but become sweet & mild with just a slight peppery taste when they are full size. Choose your pleasure, or harvest them both ways. These radishes really like cool weather, & are best fall planted.