A delicate beauty belies its hardy nature.
This tough amaryllis is easy to grow and perfect for forcing indoors. Single, star-shaped blooms of mellow white are brushed with soft red along the edges and in toward the middle of the petals. Add to greenery or a sparkling silver charger for a spectacular holiday décor piece.
- Botanical Name: Hippeastrum 'Table Dance'
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 3-10
- Flowering Time: 6-8 weeks after planting
- Light Requirements: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower Color: White blooms, painted and edged in red
- Flower Form: Star shaped, single blooms
- Foliage Type:Wide strap-like fleshy leaves begins its growth during and after flowering.
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 12 - 16 inches
- Spread: 9 - 12 inches
- Planting Instructions: Plant with 1/3 of the bulb above the soil line.
- Soil Requirements: Well drained
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Remove spent flower stalk after blooming. Allow foliage to dry out before removing to allow energy to be stored in the bulb for next year's bloom.