Highly productive with an easy-grow nature.
Artistically striped, red blooms appear 4 to 7 per stalk, delivering a joyous floral display. White star centres contrast well with bright red petals for a festive combination. Fast growing and carefree.
- Botanical Name: Hippeastrum 'Striped Beauty'
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 3-10
- Flowering Time: 6-8 weeks after planting
- Light Requirements: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower Color: Red blooms with white star centers
- Flower Form: Star shaped, single blooms
- Foliage Type:Wide strap-like fleshy leaves begins its growth during and after flowering.
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 24 - 28 inches
- Spread: 9 - 12 inches
- Planting Instructions: Plant with 1/3 of the bulb above the soil line.
- Soil Requirements: Well drained
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Remove spent flower stalk after blooming. Allow foliage to dry out before removing to allow energy to be stored in the bulb for next year's bloom.