Attract pollinators to your home garden.
There is simply no end to the benefits this perennial will bestow on your landscape. From its hardy nature and versatility to its lovely flower form and allure to pollinating insects, Six Hills is a must-have in any sunny spot. Aromatic, grey-green foliage cradles tiny, purple-blue flowers in summer. Catmint thrives most anywhere, making it the No. 1 perennial used in parks and other public spaces.
- Botanical Name: Nepeta faassenii 'Six Hills Giant'
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Time: Early to midsummer
- Light Requirements: Full Sun
- Flower Color: Purple-blue
- Flower Form: Tiny flowers trumpet-shape
- Foliage Type: Narrowly ovate to lance-shaped, aromatic, grey-green leaves.
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 24 - 28 inches
- Spread: 18 - 24 inches
- Planting Instructions: Top of plant should be just below soil level and 18-24" apart.
- Soil Requirements: Well drained
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Dry Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Deadheading does not promote re-blooming, but does help appearance.