Boasts an exceptionally long flowering period!
This plant yields an endless supply of lovely flower heads featuring domed, pincushion-like umbels of ivory-white blooms with papery, greenish-white collars. These pretty, 1–1½" flower clusters are beautifully set off by neatly divided, dark green basal leaves growing low on the stems.
- Botanical Name: Astrantia major 'Shaggy'
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Time: Late spring to late summer
- Light Requirements: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower Color: Ivory white with a green-white collar
- Flower Form: Flowers produced in umbels 1 to 11/2" across
- Foliage Type: Neatly divided dark green basal leaves.
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 24 inches
- Spread: 12 - 15 inches
- Planting Instructions: Top of plant should be just below soil level and 12-15" apart
- Soil Requirements: Well drained
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Not needed