🪴We are committed to providing our customers with quality, affordable seeds. 🌱
Fuchsia blooms are joyfully speckled with yellow-green.
There’s a starry new summerlong attraction shimmering in the sun-loving garden. ‘Splash Dance Calypso Cherry’s large fuchsia blooms are joyfully spattered with small constellations of yellow-green stars (or “speckles,” if you wish). Prolific 10-12” tall plants produce mounding displays of cosmic blooms primed to make a splash on the patio, or in a container or hanging basket.
- Petunia Red Star Uses:Packs, Pots, Hanging Baskets, Mixed Containers and Landscape
- Garden height:13″ / 33 cm
- Crop time:9-13 weeks
- Sowing method:1 pellet per plug
- Petunia Red Star Germination*:Optimum conditions for seedling development, beginning on the day of sowing until radicle emergence. Expect radicle emergence in 3-5 days.
- Petunia Red Star Media:Begin by watering to saturated (5); applying enough water to help dissolve the pellets. After sowing do not allow the pellets to dry back before moving to the germination chamber or benches. Maintain saturation (5) for 3-4 days or until radicle emergence. On day 5 reduce media moisture to wet (4) for the next 5-6 days. On day 10 reduce the moisture further to medium (2). Alternate between wet (4) and a medium (2) between watering.
- Temperature:Plug Culture:
72-76 °F (22-24 °C) until radicle emergence and then reduce to 68-70 °F (20-21 °C). The temperature can be lowered on approximately day 5. Once cotyledons have fully expanded lower the temperature further to 65-68 °F (18-20 °C).Petunia Success 360 Red Growing On:
After transplant, maintain temperatures> 55 °F (13 °C) nights for the first 3-4 weeks to initiate flower bud development. The night temperatures can be lowered further to 50 °F (10 °C) to encourage basal branching and compactness. However, lower temperatures may also substantially decrease the number of flowers initiated. Growing at cooler temperatures will produce a higher quality plant. An ADT (average daily temperature of 67 °F (19 °C) will give the fastest finished crop.
- Fertilization:Maintain an EC < 1.0. Fertilized water should not exceed an EC of 0.5. Upon initial germination, approximately day 5-6 begin feeding with 50 ppm nitrogen. Pay attention to the addition of boron since low boron can cause tip abortion. Ideal boron concentration is 0.5 ppm.
* GERMINATION STAGES (FROM SEED TO FINISHED YOUNG PLANT)
Petunia Red Star Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
All of my seeds are tested and guaranteed. Most of my seeds are fresh off of my own plants.
If you don't have a positive experience for ANY reason, we will do WHATEVER it takes to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase.
Buying items online can be a daunting task, so we want you to realize that there is absolutely ZERO risks in buying something and trying it out. If you don't like it, no hard feelings we'll make it right.
We have 24/7/365 Ticket and Email Support. Please contact us if you need assistance.