The cold-hardy orchid that's a breeze to grow!
Known for its carefree nature and its amazing flower form, this cultivar delivers delicate-looking, 1½" long blooms in a subtle shade of lavender and brilliantly tipped in gold. The flowers grow along 3–7 racemes per plant, producing a clustered effect that is quite striking in borders or cutflower arrangements arrangements.
- Botanical Name: Bletilla striata 'Penway Paris'
- Form: Rhizome
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Time: Late spring to early summer
- Light Requirements: Partial Shade
- Flower Color: Light lavender with purple mottled lavender lip.
- Flower Form: Small, cattleya-like to 11/2" long in 3-7 flowered racemes atop naked scapes
- Foliage Type: 3-5 linear, pleated, papery-textured, sword-shaped, to 12" long
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 32 - 40 inches
- Spread: 12 - 15 inches
- Planting Instructions: 4" deep and 12 - 15" apart
- Soil Requirements: Well drained
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Not needed