🪴We are committed to providing our customers with quality, affordable seeds. 🌱
Carnation, scientific name Dianthus caryophyllus, is a common flower that is widely planted around the world and is famous for its colorful flowers and strong floral fragrance.
- Appearance: Carnation plants are generally between 10 and 80 centimeters tall, with rich green leaves and slender flower stems. The flowers are usually small, fragrant, five-petaled, and come in varieties of various colors and textures, including pink, red, white, purple, and more.
- Leaves: Carnation leaves are usually blue-green or grey-green.
Suitable for scene💐
- Decoration: Carnations are used for decoration in various gardens and flower beds and can also be used in bouquets, baskets and cut flower decorations. They are very popular in flower beds and pots because they are easy to grow and add color and fragrance to the garden.
- Celebrate: Carnations are the traditional flower for Mother's Day and are also used to celebrate other special occasions such as weddings, birthdays, and graduations.
- Herbal Medicine: Carnation has some traditional herbal uses and is often used to treat ailments.
Carnations are relatively cold-hardy plants, generally suitable for growing in USDA Hardiness Zones 3 through 9. This means they can survive and thrive in cooler climates.If you don't want to plant it now, you can save the seeds by following these steps.
1. Clean and dry: Place carnation seeds on dry paper towels or filter paper to help absorb excess moisture. Let them dry completely at room temperature, which usually takes a few days to a week.
2. Storage container: Choose a dry, cool, moisture-proof storage container, such as a sealed bag or glass jar. Make sure there is no residual moisture inside the container.
3. Preserve seeds: Store dried carnation seeds in a container of choice and label the container with the date and type. It is best to place the seeds in a sealed bag and then place them in a glass jar for double protection from moisture.
4. Refrigeration or Freezing: Carnation seeds can be stored for longer in refrigerated or frozen conditions. If you decide to refrigerate, make sure the storage temperature is between 4°C and 7°C (39°F and 45°F). If you choose to freeze, use a freezer bag or container and make sure the seeds are completely dry before freezing. Freezing is best at -18°C (0°F) or lower.
5. Avoid light: The container where the seeds are stored should be kept away from direct sunlight to prevent the seeds from being damaged by light.
🌱How to Plant:
1. Choose the right location: Carnations like a sunny location, and it’s best to get at least 6 hours of sunlight a day. Choose a well-ventilated location to avoid pest and disease problems.
2. Prepare the soil: Carnations need to grow in soil that is rich in organic matter and well-drained. Humus-rich compost or organic matter can be added to improve soil quality.
3. Choose a variety: Choose the right carnation variety based on your personal preferences and climate conditions. There are many colors and patterns to choose from.
4. Water: Keep the soil moist, but avoid overwatering to avoid root rot. It is best to water in the morning or evening to reduce water spots on the leaves.
5. Fertilize: Use a fertilizer suitable for flowers and follow the instructions on the package. Fertilizer is usually applied during the growing season (spring through summer).
6. Prune: Regularly prune away dead or overgrown leaves and flowers to maintain the appearance and health of your plant. This will also help encourage more flower bud growth.
7. Control pests and diseases: Check carnations regularly to prevent pests and diseases. If you notice a problem, take appropriate measures, such as cutting off infected leaves or using organic control methods.
If you don't have a positive experience for ANY reason, we will do WHATEVER it takes to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase.
Buying items online can be a daunting task, so we want you to realize that there is absolutely ZERO risks in buying something and trying it out. If you don't like it, no hard feelings we'll make it right.
We have 24/7/365 Ticket and Email Support. Please contact us if you need assistance.