Bold colours on a petite plant.
The 3½" blooms come in a wide range of red hues, varying from reddish orange to pinkish red. When grown in groups, they'll produce a blaze of colour from summer to frost. Lakota Red grows just 12-16" tall, making it a great fit for small spaces, border fronts and containers. Like other coneflowers, its low maintenance, long lived and a butterfly magnet.
- Botanical Name: Echinacea purpurea 'Lakota Red'
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Flowering Time: Midsummer to early fall
- Light Requirements: Full Sun
- Flower Color: All shades is red, varying from reddish-orange to pinkish red.
- Flower Form: Daisy-like with prominent cone center, single petaled flowers
- Foliage Type: Mid green leaves are alternate, simple, toothed and hairy.
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 12 - 16 inches
- Spread: 12 - 16 inches
- Planting Instructions: Plant with eyes just below the soil and 12-16" apart
- Soil Requirements: Well drained
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Remove spent flower stems to encourage repeat blooming.