Vibrant colouration, great flowering performance
Its pincushion flowers have a delicate appearance and are uniquely hued with tones of deep raspberry pink to cerise. The small blooms, which grow in 1-1½" clusters, attract all sorts of pollinators. These colourful umbels open above the dense, nearly ground-covering habit.
- Botanical Name: Astrantia major 'Cerise Button'
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Time: Late spring to late summer
- Light Requirements: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower Color: Deep raspberry (to cerise) pink
- Flower Form: Flowers produced in umbels 1 to 11/2" across
- Foliage Type: Neatly divided dark green basal leaves.
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 16 - 20 inches
- Spread: 12 - 15 inches
- Planting Instructions: Top of plant should be just below soil level and 12-15" apart
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Not needed