- NAME: Cactus Double Mix Dahlia
- SCIENTIFIC NAME: Dahlia Variabilis
- COLOR: Mixed Colors & Color Combinations within some flowers
- PLANT SEEDS: At 75 - 80F
- BLOOM TIME: July - Frost
- HARDINESS ZONE: Tender Perennial
- PLANT HEIGHT: 36 - 52"
- PLANT SPACING: 18 - 24"
- LIGHT REQUIREMENTS: Sun
- SOIL & WATER PREFERENCES: Average
The Cactus Dahlia has large double blooms with spiky narrow cactus like petals. The showy 6" flowers attract butterflies & HUMMINGBIRDS, or are excellent for cutting. The plants will flower in just 12 weeks from seed sowing. During the growing season, the plants will form tubers under the soil that can be dug in fall & stored for overwintering. Dahlias are easy to grow, & can be grown in containers.