Enjoy vibrant colour all summer long.
A real showstopper for late season borders or beds, this perennial favourite features daisylike blooms with vivid yellow petals surrounding a brilliant red-orange centre and brownish-yellow cone. The flowers are charming at 2–3" wide and contrast beautifully with the dark, purple-tinged foliage and stems. Pollinators like bees and butterflies are highly attracted to the bold hues. Plants tolerate drought well.
- Botanical Name: Heliopsis helianthoides var. scabra 'Burning Hearts'
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Flowering Time: Early summer to fall
- Light Requirements: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower Color: Bright yellow petals with vibrant red-orange center
- Flower Form: Daisy-like 2-3" wide blooms
- Foliage Type: Incredibly dark green foliage with tinges of purple and purple stems.
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 36 - 48 inches
- Spread: 18 - 24 inches
- Planting Instructions: Dig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots. Spread roots around the hole and fill in with dirt so that the crown is just below or level with the soil.
- Soil Requirements: Moist, well-drained soil
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Deadhead spent flowers will extend the flowering time and prevent self-seeding. Divide every 2-3 years in spring or fall to maintain vigor.