Variegated foliage makes this sedum stand out.
Autumn Charm looks fantastic long before the flowers appear and continues to do so after they are past their prime. Butterflies and honeybees are drawn to the numerous flower heads packed with star-shaped, deep pink florets. From spring to late summer, as you await the arrival of these intense-looking blooms, thats when youll really appreciate the beauty of the variegated foliage. The greenish blue leaves feature creamy yellow margins that become nearly white as the season pushes ahead.
- Botanical Name: Sedum telephium 'Lajos' PP14421
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Flowering Time: Late summer to early fall
- Light Requirements: Full Sun
- Flower Color: Intense deep pink
- Flower Form: Rounded, semi-domed flower heads made up of a multitude of starry flowers. They start out midsummer as tightly packed milky-white buds and turn to light pink by late summer, each head opens with deep pink florets.
- Foliage Type: Greenish-blue leaves edged with creamy yellow margins that become almost white as the season progresses. Variegation holds well through the entire growing season.
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 12 - 18 inches
- Spread: 12 - 18 inches
- Planting Instructions: Dig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them on soil level. Firm soil around roots and water in well.
- Soil Requirements: Well-drained soil. Tolerant of infertile soils and once established is drought tolerant.
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Dry Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: None