Fast-growing blooms boast legendary beauty.
Enjoy rich red blooms without having to wait for summer. Star-shaped, single flowers pop against wide, straplike foliage, producing a festive red and green palette for your holiday décor. Enjoy this year, and in years to come. Makes an excellent gift!
- Botanical Name: Hippeastrum 'Arabian Night'
- Form: Perennial
- Hardiness Zone: 3-10
- Flowering Time: 6-8 weeks after planting
- Light Requirements: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Flower Color: Deep, dark red
- Flower Form: Star shaped, single blooms
- Foliage Type:Wide strap-like fleshy leaves begins its growth during and after flowering.
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Height/Habit: 20 - 16 inches
- Spread: 9 - 12 inches
- Planting Instructions: Plant with 1/3 of the bulb above the soil line.
- Soil Requirements: Well drained
- Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Remove spent flower stalk after blooming. Allow foliage to dry out before removing to allow energy to be stored in the bulb for next year's bloom.